Montclair Dads and Moms and Kids FrisbeeContact: Chris Gulli
Description: A very casual game of parents (mostly Dads) and kids, ages range from about 3rd to 10th grade, then from about 35-55, with wide varieties of skill and fitness levels.
During the winter, we start at 9:30am, during the summer at 9:00. We usually wrap up around 10:30-11:00. We play half the year at Shepherd Canyon soccer field (next to the firehouse), then the other half at Montclair Park (Next to Lucky's) when kid soccer comes around. Rough schedule is Montclair Park September, October, November, then April, May and a little June, all other times at Shepherd Canyon. CURRENT LOCATION: Shepherd Canyon Soccer Field, on Shepherd Canyon next to the active FireHouse.
We have a Teamsnap to track availability, send me an email if you have questions or want to join. Occasionally we don't have a quorum and cancel the game, but that's only once every couple of months.
A few items that best give the flavor of our game,
1) Sidelines are more like guidelines, as long as you catch it, you can throw it back in.
2) We do let the younger kids play by kid rules, which means if they touch it but drop it, we count it as a catch where they touched it. Adults need to petition league commissioner for an exception to play by kid rules. (The kids are getting better since I wrote this so we don't have too many playing like this anymore. and taller. and faster. It really stinks.)
3) We kind of keep score, but some how we always end up in a tie around 10:30 when someone gasps "Next 2 out of 3 wins”.
4) Running is allowed, but not encouraged. (or to put it another way, "It’s been years since I played regularly, and I wasn’t fast then.") Seriously, you can usually match up pretty well with someone in your fitness/skill level.
5) It's about the journey, not the destination.
This game has no comments.
Would you like to add one?